· 1 water conservation activity – programme to build check dam in compartment no. 108 with Youth Club, Z.P. P.P. Mangezari School and wildlife department.
· 1 programme to clean water hole in the buffer area of Nagzira Wildlife Sanctuary in compartment no. 108
· Joined Forest Department staff on 3 patrols
· 1 community assistance voluntary work project – programme to clean area next to hand pump at Bagadhban.
· 1 programme to promote use of a stove which uses less firewood
· Organized 2 meetings - Mangezari and Kodebarra – to bring together villagers and officials of Forest Department, Agriculture Department, Veterinary officer and Tribal Development officer
· Organized 9 education programmes in which 1,253 students participated
In this place, water had spilled over while people drew from the hand pump and had stagnated, leading to proliferation of mosquitoes and insects. Our teams cleared the area, removing scum and organic growth and dug a canal to drain away the water.
On November 18, we also organized a patrol in Compartment 108 during which our team
On November 12, Mukund organized a programme to build a check dam on a stream in Compartment no. 108 in the buffer zone of Navegaon-Nagzira Tiger Reserve. The stream is around 2.5 km from Mangezari and located inside thick jungle.
Most villagers use firewood for cooking. As it is not possible to immediately stop the use of firewood altogether, we have been organizing programmes to promote the use of stoves which use improved technology to reduce the use of firewood. Experts estimate that the improved stoves reduce the use of firewood by half.
The Government of Maharashtra has issued the buffer zone notification for the Navegaon-Nagzira Tiger Reserve. Following this, doubts have sprung up in the minds of villagers as to how they will be affected by the notification. Due to the doubts, some villagers have started opposing the notification. To clear these doubts and misgiving, we organized two awareness programmes during November. The details are given in the above table.