- 2 community assistance voluntary work projects – programmes at Dewada and Bhamdeli to clean areas around hand pump
- 2 sapling plantation programmes at Sitarampeth and Junona
- 2 nature trails for students of at. Kondegaon and Khutwanda
- 2 programmes to collect seeds for future plantation at Chorgaon and Khutwanda
- Classroom visits to 10 schools as part of our environment education programme – attended by 292 students
- Film shows on nature and wildlife conservation at 10 places – attended by 420 people
- One drawing contest at Moharli on Global Tiger Day
- 2 visits to check on status of relocated villagers of Jamni and Navegaon
Photos below: Cleaning the overgrown area in Dewada
On July 9, Bandu organized a programme at Sitarampeth to plant saplings. 2 teachers and 16 students from the village joined Bandu in the programme. A similar programme was organized on July 20 at Junona in which 2 teachers and 8 students participated. A total of 15 saplings were planted in the three programmes. The saplings included sitaphal, neem and mango.
Bandu has been organizing programmes to collect seeds for planting. In the process, children are taught about the value of trees and the need to preserve the green cover and increase it. During July, seeds were collected by children in Chorgaon and Khutwanda.
During July, Bandu made 10 classroom visits to speak to students of village schools on various aspects of nature and wildlife conservation.
|Kondegaon nature trail|
Photos below: Ajay Podar speaking to villagers about the driving training programme, at Katwal and Kutwanda.
|Mudholi: students of ZP Primary School watching a wildlife film|
Global Tiger Day celebrations
|Drawing contest, Moharli|
|Students, teachers and Forest Department, Moharli|